Serves : 4 – 6
Prep Time : 15 minutes
Cook Time : 45 minutes
Difficulty : Medium
If you’re a chocolate lover and a rum lover, this mousse is for you. Of course it has to be decadent and of course I’m sure you’ll love it.
BECAUSE CHOCOLATE NEVER TASTED BETTER
MAKE IT YOURSELF!
- 100 g gingerbread men
- 200 g 70% dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 15 ml coconut oil, melted
- 15 ml rum
- 15 ml water, boiling
- 5 ml vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 50 g caster sugar
- 150 ml coconut cream
- Bash the gingerbread men pieces, until finally ground (best to do this in a zip lock bag with a rolling pin or a food processor) then set aside.
- Fill a medium pot half way with water and bring to a simmer. Place a glass bowl over the pot and add chocolate. Stir until completely melted and smooth. Tip: you should fine a bowl that is slightly bigger than your pot so that it doesn’t fall in.
- Next, add in coconut oil, rum, boiling water and vanilla extract. Then one at a time add in egg yolks and beat in until well combined. Set the bowl a side to cool down for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a clear bowl, whip the egg whites until they have formed stiff peaks. Then add in the sugar and whisk again until firm and shiny to form a meringue.
- Grab the chocolate mix and fold in the meringue until uniform in colour. Then stir in coconut cream. Spoon the mousse into six glasses and transfer into the fridge overnight to set.
- Once the mousse has set take it out of the oven a sprinkle the ginger crumbs on top. You can also dust it with icing sugar too!