This recipe was one I had to make just because I’ve been seeing iced coffee everywhere and I guess I decided to be a sheep and follow the trend. I’m not a big fan of using ice cubes for coffee or chocolate drinks as they get watered down and the original taste gets lost. So here’s my way of making an iced mocha drink that will cool you down without you having to lose out on good taste.
Serves 1 person.
15g instant constant
500ml of water (boiled)
chocolate sauce (optional)
white chocolate sauce (optional)
digestive biscuits (optional )
100 ml coconut milk
15g cocoa powder
extra coconut milk
- So i know this is cheating but because this is an ‘easy’ recipe, you’ll have to make some instant coffee, using the measurements above. Let cool and pour into some form of ice cube tray.
- Decorate the inside of your mason jar / cup / mug with chocolate sauce. This step is only necessary if you’re being fancy and using glass.
- Break digestive biscuits into crumbs and then dip your jug into some chocolate sauce followed by the digestives. Again not necessary, but it adds a bit of pizzazz.
- In a pyrex jug add the cocoa powder and measured coconut milk, warm in microwave for about 30 secs on high and mix until well combined.
- Pour directly into middle of mason jar, try not to touch edges. Add coffee cubes. Then get some more milk, preferably lukewarm, and add however much more you need all the way to the top of the jar.
- Add a straw and enjoy. (Trying to drink this without a straw was difficult but it didn’t stop me, in fact, it was fun.)