- 400g apples (Pink Lady), peeled and diced
- 100g soft brown sugar
- 5g vanilla extract
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 75g coconut oil, softened
- 50 ml water
- 200g chin chin biscuits
- 100g ground rice
- 50g coarse ground cassava
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- In a large pot, combine sugar, vanilla extract, lemon juice, softened coconut oil and water. Bring to a boil and let a caramel form.
- Add the diced apples and cook with the lid on for 15 mins until softened.
- Meanwhile bash chin chin in a zip lock bag or grind in a food processor if you prefer. Then in a bowl combine then chin chin with ground rice and coarse ground cassava.
- Transfer softened apples into tart dishes and sprinkle topping over them. Bake in the oven for 15 mins.